nVidia driver works on -current?

Michal Varga varga at stonehenge.sk
Wed Jul 6 18:42:09 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-06 at 11:20 -0700, alan bryan wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if the nVidia display driver
> (ports/x11/nvidia-driver) works on current?  The
> nVidia README says it's not "supported" but I'm
> wondering if it still works.

Yes, they work perfectly. In fact I had them "hacked" (simply removed
the check for FreeBSD 5 from sources, l33t) quite a while before someone
put the same thing into the ports. Personally tested on GeForce 2 MX400
and 6600GT, other guy is running them on 6800 and I think I remember
some 5700 too. You can safely play Doom 3 with them.

m.

--
Michal Varga <varga at stonehenge.sk>
Stonehenge