Bug in latest rev kern_acct.c: panic: Trying sleep, but thread marked as sleeping prohibited

Richard Todd rmtodd at ichotolot.servalan.com
Sat Dec 31 17:15:15 PST 2005

"Wojciech A. Koszek" <dunstan at freebsd.czest.pl> writes:

> On Wed, Dec 21, 2005 at 11:11:43AM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
>> acctwatch() probably isn't a good thing to do from a callout since it wants to
>> do VOPs and such.  Probably the easiest fix is to stick acctwatch() in its
>> own kthread.
>
> I think I didn't break current behaviour. Patch is here:
>
> http://freebsd.czest.pl/dunstan/FreeBSD/kern_acct.0.patch
>
> Richard, could you try to repeat your problem with my patch?

Got a chance to try a new kernel today with your patch. I tried to reproduce
the panic by repeatedly copying a bunch of stuff onto /usr and deleting it
in one window, and in another repeatedly doing "make configure; make clean"
in one rather large port.  Lots of "Accounting suspended/resumed" messages
in the logs and no panics.  So it's looking good from here.