fetch extension - use local filename from content-disposition header

Ádám Szilveszter adamsz at mailpont.hu
Fri Dec 30 03:49:21 PST 2005

On Pén, December 30, 2005 10:11 am, Dag-Erling Smřrgrav wrote:

> Wrong.  If you go into a ports directory and type 'make install clean'
> as an unprivileged user, the only parts of the build that actually run
> with root privileges are the final portions of the installation
> sequence.

I am well aware of this, this is the way I use the system. But this is not
the default (as others have said, filesystem permissions make this
impossible out-of-the-box), and what's worse, is not even widely known or
documented. Most people only know that "make install clean" will do what
they want since this is what's being told to them in many documents.

Regards,
Sz.