sudo in basesystem (was: fetch extension - use local filename from content-disposition header)

Andrea Campi andrea+freebsd_current at webcom.it
Fri Dec 30 02:48:22 PST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 11:29:38AM +0100, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> On 2005.12.30 10:53:19 +0100, Andrea Campi wrote:
> > I'd even go so far as suggesting sudo in the base system, since it's the
> > first thing many people install from ports AND it's such a pain to upgrade
> > using portupgrade...
>
> Why is it a pain to upgrade using portupgrade?  I have been using sudo
> for a while now, and I don't recall ever having had a problem
> upgrading it.

Well, try using sudo (portupgrade -s) to install sudo... ;-) All goes well
until portupgrade deinstalls the old version, then tries to use sudo to
"make install" sudo ;-)

> For the arguments against (and for) having it in base system please
> check the thread from the freebsd-security list about the topic in
> July 2005 (thought that thread did have a lot of other "noise").

I will, but it was more whishful thinking on my part than anything. The
least thing I want is to start "the last big bikeshed of 2005" *grin*

Bye,
	Andrea

--
                   Press every key to continue.