ATI on FreeBSD! FireGL Linux Driver Port (New Version)

Chris Gilbert Chris at lainos.org
Tue Dec 27 02:18:17 PST 2005

It's ready!

The new version works both standalone as before, and from a FreeBSD port.

This is my first time making a port, and I've double checked it and run
portlint, but I have probably overlooked something!

Please have a good look at it and tell me if I've done something stupid :)

You can grab the port here:

http://www.neovanglist.net/~Neovanglist/ATI/ati-driver.tar.gz

It should be extracted to /usr/ports/x11

It should fetch the distfile from my server... but in case you want to install
it the old fashioned way, here is the link:

http://www.neovanglist.net/~Neovanglist/ATI/FreeBSD-fglrx_6_8_0-8.20.8-2-ALPHA.i386.tar.bz2

Changes since the last version:
 * It now installs the glATI.h file.
 * The panel was installing all kinds of strange things.. and not being very
port friendly. It's still bad but it's much better now. (And accounted for in
pkg-plist)
 * All of the Linux documentation and the README file is installed
to /usr/X11R6/share/doc/fglrx
 * Working FreeBSD "port"! (As in for the ports system)
 * README file updated with some worthwhile content including a compatibility
list.

In regards to AMD64 support, this is an i386 build and I wouldn't expect it to
work on AMD64 :)

However, getting an AMD64 version going should be fairly trivial, but I do not
have the hardware to test it.

Tomorrow I can put together and AMD64 package and add support for it to the
FreeBSD port. If you can test/verify that it works I would be thrilled!

Enjoy!