Fast releases demand binary updates.. (Was: Release schedule for 2006)

Jo Rhett jrhett at svcolo.com
Thu Dec 22 12:59:53 PST 2005

On Sat, Dec 17, 2005 at 06:46:27PM -0500, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> Suggestions are nice, but who do you think will work on solving this?

I and many others have proposed binary update mechanisms, and are all
willing to work on them.  The core freebsd team has not shown willingness
to work with such an effort.  Without that, we'd be patching the update
mechanism with every new release, which kind of defeats the point.

--
Jo Rhett
senior geek