[openoffice]no suitable windowing system found, exiting.

Alexander Kabaev kabaev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 20:27:57 PST 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:26:07 +0800
Huang wen hui <huang at gddsn.org.cn> wrote:

> hi,
> I used openoffice 2.0R from
> ftp://ooopackages.good-day.net/pub/OpenOffice.org/FreeBSD/. On recent
> CURRENT,
> got this problem:
>
> no suitable windowing system found, exiting.
>
> I try to back out kan's ELF symbol versioning and solve this problem.
> Does recompile openoffice can solve
> this problem? I ask becasue compile openoffice is too long.
>
> --hwh

I discovered the OpenOffice breakage too, only with 1.1.4. Backing out
symbol versioning patch helps.

I will look for an exact cause of failure when I have some free time.
OpenOffice is a big dlsym() user and it is possible it has to be made
aware that rtld pays attention to symbol versions now.

--
Alexander Kabaev