Easy DoS

Xin LI delphij at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 04:30:35 PST 2005

Hi, Simon,

On 12/18/05, Simon L. Nielsen <simon at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 2005.12.18 09:45:41 +0100, Stanislaw Halik wrote:
> > Xin LI <delphij at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Patch looks good so I have committed it as sys/kern/sys_pipe.c,v
> > > 1.185.  Thanks for the submission!
> >
> > any chances on getting a fast backport to RELENG_6_0?
>
> For that to happen it need to be in RELENG_6 for a while to make sure
> nothing is broken by the change and then an Errata Notice has to be
> made for the issue.  That said, it sounds like a good candidate for an
> Errata Notice.

Do we typically issue Errata Notice for local DoS in the past?  I
think this is a serious problem, but not very sure whether it should
be merged back to RELENG_6_0, though.  If so@ and re@ agrees I would
be happy to do some documentary work for the Errata Notice :-)

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij at delphij.net> http://www.delphij.net