hostb(4) and vgapci(4) patch

Ulrich Spoerlein q at galgenberg.net
Fri Dec 16 03:19:12 PST 2005

John Baldwin wrote:
> I have a patch that is an attempt to untangle a few things in relation to
> Host-PCI bridges and VGA PCI devices.  Basically, the change is to create a
> more "real" hostb driver as well as a new vgapci driver and to change agp,
> drm, and acpi_video to attach to these drivers.  This means among other
> things:
>
> - You can now use acpi_video with drm as both attach as children of vgapci0.
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/agp_cvs.patch

Hi,

I'm eager to try this patch on RELENG_6 with a Radeon Mobility card,
however the patch wont compile on RELENG_6. Could you please provide a
diff against RELENG_6? That would be great, thanks!

/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c: In function `pci_find_extcap_method':
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c:509: error: `PCIR_CAP_PTR_2' undeclared (first use in this function)
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c:509: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
/usr/src/sys/dev/pci/pci.c:509: error: for each function it appears in.)

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44