Adaptec SATA 1205sa support for FreeBSD 6.0

Freddie Cash fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca
Thu Dec 15 13:13:31 PST 2005

On December 15, 2005 12:55 pm, Mike Tancsa wrote:
> At 03:17 PM 15/12/2005, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> >Soren, what would you recommend for a plain SATA controller?  And what
> >for one that can do true RAID1?

> I am not Soren, but I have been using the 3ware 8500 series for some
> time and they work very well under FreeBSD, Linux and Windows in
> terms of reliability and reasonable performance.  We have a lot of
> FreeBSD boxes running on 3ware cards with RAID1 and we like them a
> lot.... Especially when it comes time to change out a dead
> drive.  Painless, easy and so far 100% reliable.

We've been using the 3Ware 7000-series of PATA cards with great success as
well.  Have even managed to get the 3DM management program running on our
FreeBSD 5.4 systems.

We've tested the LSI MegaRAID 150-6 SATA card in one FreeBSD 5.4 system
with good success, but they are giving us all kinds of grief in our
RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 AS (32-bit) and Debian Linux 3.1 (32- and
64-bit) systems.

--
Freddie Cash, LPIC-1 CCNT CCLP      Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73                  (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]
fcash-ml at sd73.bc.ca