DRM update for testing

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko Alex.Kovalenko at verizon.net
Thu Dec 1 01:14:19 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 13:08 -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 02:54 -0800, Eric Anholt wrote:
> > I've got a patch at:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/drm-sys-20051123.diff
> > for testing, which merges DRM CVS into FreeBSD.  I've done basic tests
> > of a recent DRM CVS with WITNESS on AGP/PCI Matrox, AGP/PCI Rage 128,
> > AGP Radeon r100/r200/r300, AGP Savage4 (new!), SiS, and 3dfx, and this
> > version should be equivalent to what I tested.  I'll do another pass of
> > testing before I commit, but I'd also like to get some wider testing so
> > more panics can show up if they exist.  This particular diff has only
> > been compile-tested with LINT on amd64 so far.
>
> I've fixed the lack of savage module Makefile in the diff and updated
> the diff in-place.

Thank you very much for this work -- there is one additional benefit to
it even without rebuilding X.org and other pieces -- owners of ProSavage
(like myself) can now set hw.pci.do_power_nodriver to 3, whereas before
we had to keep it at 0 in order to be able to use laptop's screen.

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)