Boot off CF card hangs at "Trying to mount root" (was: Trouble with 6 boot/loader: system resets)

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Sun Aug 28 17:51:48 GMT 2005

Compiling boot, loader, and kernel without a CPUTYPE setting fixed
the boot and loader issues; however, the kernel doesn't seem to be
happy with the CF card:

ad3: 489MB <LEXAR ATA FLASH 1.01> at ata1-slave PIO4
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad3s1a

Again, I can break into the debugger, but I'm not certain what I
should be looking at.

I just tried setting the master/slave jumper on the mainboard to
"master", but that didn't change anything, either.

Any suggestions?

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140