strtonum(3) in FreeBSD?

R. Tyler Ballance tyler at tamu.edu
Tue Apr 12 12:02:24 PDT 2005

Quick, sort of, question. Is it worth it to bring strtonum(3) from
OpenBSD into FreeBSD-CURRENT. I have the diffs if that's the case, I
know that the newer packet filter code from OPENBSD_3_7 that mlaier@ and
I are working on uses it in a few places (see: pflogd) but I'm not sure
of the merits of bringing strtonum(3) into lib/libc/stdlib...

In theory, it should be a better implementation of what atoi(3) and
strtol(3) do, but as tg@(mirbsd.org) pointed out to the OpenBSD fellows
and myself, it doesn't take hexadecimal values well...

Somebody let me know, i've got diffs ready, sort of ;)
(or let me know why it's a bad idea)

-R. Tyler Ballance