ATTN Soren: BETA3 still hangs on ATAPI DVD Detection during boot

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Sun Sep 5 18:22:32 PDT 2004

Søren Schmidt wrote:

> You need to run -current to get the latest fixes, they have not made
> it in before BETA3 was cut. I have not had time to do it and nobody
> else seem to have felt it was important enough to even offer to help...

You mentioned earlier to just copy the CURRENT files
/usr/src/sys/dev/ata/* over into the 5.3-BETA and rebuild the kernel
(GENERIC, no optimizations).  I just did that today with the 19:30CDT
CURRENT kernel sources and I am still seeing this hang.  Should I be
looking elsewhere for this fix (i.e. ACPI)?

Thanks,

Tom Veldhouse