atheros frecuencies limited

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Oct 3 19:20:23 PDT 2004

In message: <41606B0D.3070303 at ThePacific.Net>
            "Marcos Biscaysaqu - ThePacific.net" <marcos at ThePacific.Net> writes:
:     We are legally abaible to run 14 channels on 2.4Ghz, but the Atheros
: driver on freebsd permit use only 11, I being trying to change the setup
: with the sysctl otions, nothing work.  Same  wireless card on diferent
: OS with diferent driver I can get all the channel.
: any ideas?

Did you buy the wireless card in a regulatory domain that only allows
11 channels?  The atheros cards have the reg dom burned into their
flash.

Warner