Getting devfs to recognize a hotplugged fd0

Patrick Bowen pbowen25 at juno.com
Sat Nov 27 10:40:21 PST 2004

I'm trying to learn how to get devfs to create an fd0 enty in /dev
automatically when I plug a floppy drive into the serial port of a
running Dell D600 laptop running 6.0 current. I've looked at 'man
devfs/devfs.conf/devfs.rules', searched the lists, searched the web,
etc. this is either really simple, and I/m trying to make it complicated
(probably), or no one else is trying to do this (probably not).

If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.

TIA,
Patrick