if_pcn & netfinity 5500

Putinas Piliponis Putinas.Piliponis at hansa.lt
Thu Nov 25 00:59:32 PST 2004

Hello,

Maybe this is not best place to ask, but...
I have a problem using amd network card on netfinity 5500 server.
If I boot up server with network cable pluged in (very normal situation :)
pnc driver recognizes it what supported media is 100BaseTX <hw-loopback> and
thats it.
network is not working of course.

I look in google and found what same workaround from 4.x times still works
ok
If I boot up kernel without attached lan cable and attach it later - then it
gives correct
100BaseTX <full-duplex>.
Any patch or more comfortable workaround for this ?