bug of misc/screen and fifos or ours?

Philip Paeps philip at freebsd.org
Fri Nov 19 08:40:25 PST 2004

On 2004-11-19 10:50:54 (+0200), Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org> wrote:
> On 2004-11-19 09:17, Philip Paeps <philip at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > On 2004-11-18 18:43:56 (+0200), Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > > The screen-4.0.2 version that misc/screen installs is apparently the latest
> > > version of screen available.  It also contains a zillion bugs, is written in
> > > a very insecure style, it uses an antiquated version of autoconf script,
> > > etc.
> >
> > Unrelated, perhaps, but has anyone else noticed that on sparc64, the date
> > stuck in utmp seems to always be '19700101':
>
> I'll have a look later today and this weekend to the utmp handling of
> screen.  It may be just a bug that shows up on 64-bit architectures.

It works on Alpha and AMD64.  So it's more likely something showing up only on
bigendian systems.  Anyone tried on PPC? :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip at freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  BOFH Excuse #419:
    Repeated reboots of the system failed to solve problem