refuse file for cvsup being ignored

Jiawei Ye leafy7382 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 00:55:24 PST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:12:09 +0800, Jiawei Ye <leafy7382 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In -current, the base for cvsup has been changed to /var/db per
> share/example/cvsup/ports-supfile. But setting "ports/INDEX*" in
> /var/db/sup/refuse does not work as advertised. cvsup still nukes my
> INDEX-5 when doing 'make update' in $PORTS_DIR.
I don't like replying to my own post, but to quote cvsup manpage:
" The
     patterns are separated by whitespace, and multiple patterns are permitted
     on each line.  Files and directories matching the patterns are neither
     updated nor deleted; they are simply ignored."

Which is not true since the file *does* get removed (since the removal
of INDEX* in cvs).

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming