NDIS miniport wrapper: routines probably not implemented

Mauro Triulzi triulzi at freesurf.ch
Sun Nov 14 09:57:18 PST 2004

Hallo,

I have a problem with the ndis miniport wrapper for my thinkpad T42p:

My WLAN Card is a built in (IBM) MiniPCI 802.11a/b/g WLAN Card in the
IBM Thinkpad T42-2373-WBZ P-M/1.7.
I downloaded the drivers for Windows 2000/XP from

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-55386

and created ndis_driver_data.h in the canonical way as

ndiscvt -i /path/to/NET5211.INF -s /path/to/AR5211.SYS -o ndis_driver_data.h
(I had to delete some rows in NET5211.INF to do that)

Now
kldload if_ndis
let the kernel panic (sorry, but could't copy and paste ;-))

ndis0: <11a/b/g Wireless LAN 802.11.a/b/g Mini PCI Adapter>

no match for MmUnmapIoSpace
no match for MmMapIoSpace

ndis0: NDIS API version: 5.1

I think that the reason is that the the two functions above are not
implemented (yet).

I would be very grateful if someone (Bill?) could implement these functions.

Many thanks and kind regards,
Mauro