Atheros driver supporting 2 SSIDs

Evren Yurtesen yurtesen at ispro.net.tr
Thu Nov 11 14:19:23 PST 2004

Is it practical in any sense to do that? I mean using one card in 2
different frequencies. The card should change frequency every time it
wants to send a packet since it should receive acknowledgements(I assume
receive only card do not send acknowledgements?) plus tcp etc. require
such things also. I think it would cause a lot of latency.

Also I think you wont get too far doing that. Still there will be
collusions when 2 clients want to send data at the same time.

The better solution might be using 2 cards tx/rx in ap and try to set
the client channels that half of your clients will use one card and the
other half will use the other card. This can be done easily I guess. But
the best would be using directional antennas, if you want to use 2 cards
then you can use 180degrees panel antennas and make 2 sectors. Also this
solution doesnt require any special setup in clients. You can use any
kind of software easily.

Evren