latest -CURRENT kernel panic

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Nov 8 21:51:52 PST 2004

At 8:25 PM -0800 11/8/04, Vincent Poy wrote:
>Any ideas what could be causing this?  Is there anyway to write
>everything above to a file instead of manually typing everything?
>Thanks.

If you have a second machine handy, you could set up a serial
console on this machine.  I finally broke down and figured out
how to do this from my Mac to a PC, and it definitely makes it
easier to debug these things (once you get it set up...).

Also, do you have things set up to get a kernel dump from a
panic like this?

Both of these are explained in the developers handbook, available
at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org