split rx and tx traffic on Atheros crads.....

Marcos Biscaysaqu - ThePacific.net marcos at ThePacific.Net
Mon Nov 8 19:20:38 PST 2004

Hi there.
    Please let me know if I am crazy.
One of the biggest problems on the wireless traffic in WISPs start when
the Access Point start to get a lot incoming and outgoing traffic in the
same time, I was thinking  if we could run 2 wireless cards both as
Access Point but one card as rx only and another as tx mode, plus if we
could just set 2 ssid in a Bsd client one for rx and other as tx we
could increase the bandwidth on the Access point in two times and make
the connections work a lot smooth and faster ( im not sure if this is
possible I could be very wrong) at the same time If  this it is possible
we could run 2 wireless cards each end with the rx and the tx separeted
and get for example 108mb each way (with dual polarization antennas).

cheers
Marcos Biscaysaqu