[FreeBSD 5.3-RC2] Processes STILL hanging in unkillable state

Ken Smith kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Thu Nov 4 06:46:06 PST 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 03:34:26PM +0100, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> On Thursday, 4. November 2004 07:31, Alex Dupre wrote:
> > Michael Nottebrock wrote:
> > > Could all people who are seeing this please post their kernel
> > > configurations, sysctl.conf and perhaps some system details (platform,
> > > UP/MP), too.
>
> Looking at all of these, I fail to see anything "special" that all these
> machines have in common - looks like there's a full range from tuned
> configurations with eyebrowraisers like PREEMPTION to almost-unmodified
> GENERIC and pretty different hardware, too. :(
>
> So if anybody spots something interesting here after all, or thinks Marc
> Ramirez backtraces / debug sessions reveal anything about the bug, please
> take over...

In particular if you manage to wedge processes in an unkillable state
the output of "ps -o f -l" might be useful.  I'd like to see all of the
flags set for a process that gets wedged.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith at cse.buffalo.edu
  there, funny things are everywhere.   |