Recent TTYDEF_LFLAG default change

Andrey Chernov ache at nagual.pp.ru
Wed Nov 3 06:41:25 PST 2004

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 02:26:15PM +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > Most of it would be bogus I think, software should record the current
> > state and restore that, not mangle it with defaults.
>
> Some tty/pty-emulators can (in spirit of screen). It is not ours, it is
> common BSD thing. Better to not make surprises and harden porter's job
> here, really, without a reason. Inside kernel you can do anything you want
> using TTYDEF_LFLAG_NOECHO.

More such things: getty and getty-likes (i.e. fax recievers or FIDO gates
combined with getty). BTW, what about our getty now? It uses TTYDEF_LFLAG.

Python tty module use TTYDEF_LFLAG too:
http://pydoc.org/1.5.2/tty.html

Moreover, it is few minutes results, I even don't try to search hard.

--
http://ache.pp.ru/