5.3-RC2: kqueue descriptor leak in resolver functions?

Arjan de Vet devet at devet.org
Tue Nov 2 11:43:52 PST 2004

In article <20041102094145.GA4698 at adv.devet.org> you write:

[...]

>This number grows over time (I have mozilla running permanently with
>lots of tabs, most of which auto-refresh). Does anybody see something
>similar with mozilla on 5.3-RC*?
>
>A ktrace of the mozilla process seems to point to the DNS resolver code
>leaking kqueue descriptors (I could not find any kqueue() calls in the
>mozilla code itself).

I just recompiled mozilla on 5.3-RC2 and this kqueue leakage has
stopped.  ldd shows the mozilla-bin binary is now linked with
libpthreads (it wasn't on 5.2.1-release). ktrace shows the open kqueue
descriptors being close()'d this time.

Let's now hope this fixes the weird hangs I have seen with 5.3-RC*.

Arjan

--
Arjan de Vet, Eindhoven, The Netherlands               <devet at devet.org>
Work: http://www.madison-gurkha.com/  (Security, Open Source, Education)