if_sk patch to get more info from people with problems

matt baker freebsd at sevenone.com
Mon Nov 1 15:03:52 PST 2004

> a lot of people seem to have problems with if_sk. A lot of people
consider it simply broken on some boards.

> Let's see if we can find out what problems happen for which people. -
watchdog timeouts
> - rx/tx "hangs"
> - ...

It would be great to be able to get my board working with the sk driver.

The board is a SysKonnect SK-9844 v1 board (2 x fibre ports).  The
SysKonnect YK driver works fine under 5.2, but as I need to run a 5.3-RC
version I can't use the board until they release a 5.3 version of the
driver.
The SK driver in FreeBSD always reports "skc0: no PHY found!".

Boot info with this patch loaded is as follows:

5.3-BETA6

skc0: <SysKonnect Gigabit Ethernet (V1.0)> port 0xb800-0xb8ff mem
0xf55fc000-0xf55fffff irq 24 at device 2.0 on pci2
skc0: SysKonnect SK-NET Gigabit Ethernet Adapter SK-9844 SX dual link
skc0: PN: SK-9844
skc0: EC: Rev. 1.2
skc0: MN: SysKonnect
skc0: SN: ZSD12L29A84C8
sk0: <XaQti Corp. XMAC II> on skc0
sk0: Ethernet address: 00:00:5a:9a:84:c8
skc0: no PHY found!
device_attach: sk0 attach returned 6
sk1: <XaQti Corp. XMAC II> on skc0
sk1: Ethernet address: 00:00:5a:9a:84:c9
skc1: no PHY found!
device_attach: sk1 attach returned 6

Regards,

Matt