Filesystem panic in 5.2.1-RELEASE

Brian Candler B.Candler at pobox.com
Mon Mar 29 01:33:04 PST 2004

Oops, posted this to the wrong list.

building a new kernel. This morning I've had it panic twice while doing
relatively innocuous things, details attached.

I've had it suggested to me that I should disable ACPI, so I have now added
hints.acpi.0.disabled="1"
to /boot/device.hints

I'll see if that makes anything more stable, but otherwise I'd be interested
in other people's comments about the crashes I've seen.

I would have stuck with 4.x, except the nVidia ethernet driver wasn't
supported, so I thought that would be a good reason to try 5.2.1 (answer:
that doesn't support the network driver either! But there's a separate
module available)

Regards,

Brian.