puc(4) device not attaching issue in -current

othermark atkin901 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 25 09:24:36 PST 2004

John Baldwin wrote:

> On Tuesday 23 March 2004 05:58 pm, othermark wrote:
>>         /* Lava Computers Octopus-550 serial ports */
>>         {   "Lava Computers Octopus-550 8-port serial part B",
>>             NULL,
>>             {   0x1407, 0x0181, 0,      0       },
>>             {   0xffff, 0xfffc, 0,      0       },
>
> The 0xfffc is a mask meaning that this matches 0x0180, 0x0181, 0x0182, and
> 0x0183 by the way, so you don't need an extra entry.

Oh now it all makes sense, thanks for that brief explanation.

> Can you do a boot
> -v? I'm curious if the second device has its BAR's setup.

I'll get that to you, the card is now in a different machine with a
different pci controller, and it attaches both devices successfully in
-current and 4.9 RELEASE on that controller.

The one it _won't_ attach the second device on is:

Found $PIR table, 12 entries at 0xc00fdf00
pcib0: <Host to PCI bridge> at pcibus 0 on motherboard
pci0: <PCI bus> on pcib0
pcib2: <ServerWorks host to PCI bridge> at pcibus 2 on motherboard
pci2: <PCI bus> on pcib2

> -DNO_KERNELCLEAN I think.  The variables for buildkernel are documented in
> either src/Makefile or src/Makefile.inc1.

thanks!
--
othermark
atkin901 at nospam dot yahoo dot com