SF Bay area hackfest

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 24 11:46:06 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 04:49:51PM -0500, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> I don't quite understand why you need commitments for a toolchain
> upgrade.  From what I understand, TLS support can't happen without
> it, and by deferring the toolchain update you prevent it from
> getting done.  But I'll play along regardless...

SMPng and KSE are both projects that haven't been completed because the
project only had commitments for the 1st part of the work.  I refused to
pushed to import new toolchain bits for the to sit dormant not being
used.  I'd rather use my time working on another part of FreeBSD if the
net of my time & effort is a NOP.