CSA gigabit ethernet

Petri Helenius pete at he.iki.fi
Sat Mar 20 06:11:46 PST 2004

I have been trying to convince Supermicro support that the CSAB entry
would need _PRT Method to work properly and have not really got a "go
away" message but not "we´ll fix it" either.

Obviously this causes problems with the CSA gigabit if device apic is
enabled and the APIC is enabled in the bios also. (watchdog timeouts, I
also saw a PR open on the symptom)

Comments? I put the whole dump to http://helenius.fi/p4sctii.asl

The board in question is P4SCT+II. I suspect the problem exists in all
Supermicro boards with CSA.

Running on 5.2.1-RELEASE or 5.2-CURRENT behave similarly.

Disabling APIC in the BIOS makes the system usable.

Pete

             Device (CSAB)
             {
                 Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)