RFC: doscmd removal

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Sun Mar 14 20:40:44 PST 2004

At 2:44 PM +1100 3/15/04, Tim Robbins wrote:
>On Sun, Mar 14, 2004, Julian Elischer wrote:
>
>I doubt there will be much of an argument by that time. AMD and
>Intel have already decided that V86 mode is not worth the effort
>to implement fully on their 64-bit CPUs - anyone who wants to use
>V86 mode (and therefore doscmd) has to run them in 32-bit mode.

So you are not saying that 'doscmd' is universally broken, so much
as FreeBSD is now running on more hardware platforms where doscmd
serves no purpose?

(disclaimer: I don't care whether doscmd stays in the base, or if
it becomes a i386-only port.  I'm just wondering why it came up as
a topic right now...).

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu