"nanobsd" prototype

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Mar 12 11:51:16 PST 2004

In message: <20040312104848.GA52357 at bombur.guldan.demon.nl>
            Robert Blacquiere <freebsd-current at guldan.demon.nl> writes:
: This way we kan have just the tools we needed and leave every thing else
: out of the system. nanobsd is meant to be small, so i thing we should try
: to make it bare min to fit on a 16 mb flash. If people want more it would
: be possible with use of the "include" file adding more binairies and libs.

I have some scripts that generate a 12MB 4.5 flash with ssh, ftp,
telnet and a few other diagnostic goodies on it.  Haven't tried them
with 5 yet, so I don't know the minimum size for 5, but the /etc/rc
stuff is sufficiently different so more programs might be now in the
minimal set.

Warner