Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller

Burhan Nazir burhan at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 10 16:03:13 PST 2004

Hi Guys

Does FreeBSD 5.2.1 support the Sil 3112 SATA Raid controller?  I
currently have two 120Gb SATA drives connected to the controller and
configured as stripped raid-0.  However, the freebsd installer only
recognises both drives individually and not as a logical single drive.
It works fine under windows.

I am using the ASUS A7N8X motherboard.  If there is no support for the
raid controller, does anyone know when one will be forthcoming?

Many thanks
-Burhan