/etc/rc.d/mixer script for review..

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Wed Mar 10 13:05:48 PST 2004

>From: John Baldwin <jhb at freebsd.org>
>To: current at freebsd.org
>Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:29:59 -0500
>Subject: /etc/rc.d/mixer script for review..
>Sender: owner-freebsd-current at freebsd.org

>The default volume levels on my laptop (75:75) are rather loud when using
>headphones, and I found myself constantly having to pop up a terminal window
>to run mixer before listening to mp3's, etc.

Heh.  The catalyst for my (rather more humble) approach to that was the
issue of being in a meeting, where I didn't really want to be disruptive
(at least, not because my laptop was making loud noises):

localhost(4.9-S)[1] cat /usr/local/etc/rc.d/000.shhh.sh
#! /bin/sh

/usr/sbin/mixer vol 25

exit 0
localhost(4.9-S)[2]

Peace,
david       (current hat: postmaster at _.org)
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
I do not "unsubscribe" from email "services" to which I have not explicitly
subscribed.  Rather, I block spammers' access to SMTP servers I control,
and encourage others who are in a position to do so to do likewise.