fxp0 and dmc timeout messages

Martin P. Hellwig mhellwig at xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 9 13:39:57 PST 2004

Hi all,

I've noticed some strange behavior on my laptop (NEC Versa FM320)
nothing serious but I thought maybe there is somebody who's interested.
My laptop is triple boot, when I boot FreeBSD 5.2.1 fxp0 continue spawns
messages like dmc timeouts and refuses to do any networking, but only
when the former session was from windows xp or windows 2003 ,maybe other
windows version do the same but I didn't have that much space on my HD
to verify that.
If the former session was FreeBSD, all goes well and networking is ok.
So rebooting freshly after the boot, my conclusion till so far is that
my laptop doesn't wasn't to be booted in windows (the F in FM320 stands
for FreeDOS or FreeBSD in my case :-) ) but maybe there is some more
technical background besides the scratching/refusing daemons in my memory.
More info about my laptop can be found at the link (like dmesg and
pciconf) http://www.xs4all.nl/~mhellwig/laptop.html

If I can assist in any way don't hesitate to ask.

Greetings,

Martin P. Hellwig