Load average with CURRENT

Gavin Atkinson gavin.atkinson at ury.york.ac.uk
Sun Mar 7 13:28:24 PST 2004

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, Justin Dossey wrote:

> Strangely, I'm seeing doubled load average numbers for my CURRENT
> build.  This machine runs seti at home, so it should show a LA around 1
> all the time.  After upgrading from 5.1-RELEASE to 5.2-CURRENT, LA
> doubled.

Hmmm, I'm seeing similar to this as well. In my case, it's not doubled
loadaverages, but load averages of one more than what it should be. So,
with no processes running ny load average is 1, with one process running
100% my load average is 2, and with two running 100% the load average is
three.

Gavin