newsyslog cannot find /var/run/syslog.pid after gcc3.4 built world

Jiawei Ye leafy7382 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 11:24:33 PDT 2004

Hi,

I am getting mail from my newsyslog cron job

newsyslog: can't open pid file: /var/run/syslog.pid: No such file or directory
newsyslog: log /var/log/maillog.0 not compressed because daemon(s) not notified

But /var/run/syslog.pid exists and syslogd is running

root at chihiro:/etc# /etc/rc.d/syslogd status
syslogd is running as pid 60267.
root at chihiro:/etc# ls -l /var/run/syslog.pid
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  6  7 30 02:19 /var/run/syslog.pid

This happened after I built my world after the gcc import. Any idea?

Jiawei Ye