Rewrite cvsup & portupgrade in C

Xin LI delphij at frontfree.net
Wed Jul 7 00:06:31 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 02:56:12PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 14:34, Xin LI wrote:
> > Installing cvsup with pkg_add -r is reasonable (this is also the way I
> > install cvsup), however, not so convinent for large deployment, and there
> > are good reasons to keep cvsup daemon out from being installed on
> > production boxes.
>
> If you are doing a large roll out I'd be pretty suprised if you wouldn't be
> rolling your own package set..

Yes we do have our own package set as well as customized patchset for
production boxes, using a DHCP+bootp based remote installation method,
but I think it's a different story :-)

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij frontfree net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.