devfs problem

Harald Schmalzbauer h at schmalzbauer.de
Fri Jan 30 15:50:54 PST 2004

On Saturday 31 January 2004 00:17, Harald Schmalzbauer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have devfs mounted at /somepint/ip/dev and ls shows:
>
> acpi       cuala0     net1       stdout     ttyv2      twed0s1
> agpgart    cuala1     net2       sysmouse   ttyv3      twed0s1a
> apm        devctl     network    ttyd0      ttyv4      twed0s1b
> ast0       devstat    null       ttyd1      ttyv5      twed0s1c
> ata        fd         pci        ttyid0     ttyv6      twed0s1d
> console    geom.ctl   perfmon    ttyid1     ttyv7      twed0s1e
> consolectl io         ptyp0      ttyld0     ttyv8      twed0s1f
> ctty       klog       ptyp1      ttyld1     ttyv9      twed0s1g
> cuaa0      kmem       random     ttyp0      ttyva      twed0s1h
> cuaa1      mem        smb0       ttyp1      ttyvb      urandom
> cuaia0     nast0      stderr     ttyv0      twe0       xpt0
> cuaia1     net        stdin      ttyv1      twed0      zero
>

> "devfs rule show" print:
> 100 hide
>
> I expected after a "devfs -m /somepoint/ip/dev rule applyset" that I don't
> see a device anymore.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Also the jail_ip_devfs_ruleset="4" line in /etc/rc.conf didn't work for me.

Arghh, found the mistake. The example in /etc/default/rc.conf shows a number
for "jail_example_devfs_ruleset=123".
But it should be the name of the rule so I think the line should be corrected
by:

jail_example_devfs_ruleset="devfsrules_hide_all"

Or a dummy example-entry in /etc/defaults/devfs.rules

-Harry