Apache2 (with ldap) port

Clement Laforet clement at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 29 12:01:10 PST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:26:04 -0500
"Robin P. Blanchard" <robin.blanchard at gactr.uga.edu> wrote:

Hi Robin,

> Since rev. 1.158 of apache2 port, there is httpd-2.0.48-ldap-fix.patch
> which, according to CVS logs should, "Fix Segmentation fault with LDAP
> [6]". I've just went to upgrade apache2 and found that now I *DO* get
> seg faults (sig11) when auth_ldap is enabled (whereas previous build
> without said patch was fine). Modifying the port's Makefile (#
> $FreeBSD: ports/www/apache2/Makefile,v 1.164 2004/01/21 21:21:12
> clement Exp $) to*NOT* apply the ldap-fix patch, allows auth_ldap to
> again work and not crash httpd. Anyone else seeing this ?

This patch fix coredump I had and few guys reported to me. I didn't have
feedback since I commit it.
Did you have a backtrace ?
Can you send me your config file (at least auth ldap related) ?

> Perhaps this patch should be backed-out ?
Since it fixes something, it won't be backout. As you have some problem,
I'll make it optionnal.

Thanks for your report !

clem