Processes blocked on ufs or getblk

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Jan 28 10:29:29 PST 2004

In message <EE3D3FBAFFCAED448C21C398FDAD91AC0108E7 at EBE1.gc.nat>, "Robin P. Blan
chard" writes:
>Ok...I've just triggered another stuck getblk process. This time it happened
>during "make install" of apache2. Below is an output of a basic ddb

You should be able to get your system unstuck by:
	dd if=/dev/ad0 count=1 of=/dev/null

for some value of "ad0".  Use the gstat(8) program to find the disk
with 1 in the leftmost column and no activity.

I've managed to reproduce this here and have been working with sos@
on fiding the crack that things slip through.

If you are brave, you can try the patch at
	http://phk.freebsd.dk/patch/ata.patch
which seems to fix this for me, but have not yet been approved by
sos at .