Hints for precision benchmarking...

Simon L. Nielsen simon at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 27 05:32:19 PST 2004

On 2004.01.26 17:34:23 -0500, Garrett Wollman wrote:
> <<On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:12:58 -0500 (EST), Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.ORG> said:
>
> > On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
> >> *   Run in single user mode.  Cron(8) and and other daemons
> >> only add noise.
>
> > A few obvious ones just worth remembering:
>
> Quick!  Someone run down a member of the doc team and get this added
> to the dev handbook!

Hehe - already done :-).

I sent a patch to freebsd-doc for review yesterday, but it got stuck in
mailman, since mailman though it would be more fun to crash, than to
deliver the mail :-).  Anyway, postmaster@ is working on "unstucking"
the mail (I think that's also why a lot of other stuck mail has appeared
today/yesterday), so hopefully it can get reviewed and added soon.

The "compiled" HTML version can be found at
http://people.freebsd.org/~simon/work/testing.html , if someone wants to
take a look.

--
Simon L. Nielsen