Project Evil: The Evil Continues

Robert Blacquiere freebsd-current at guldan.demon.nl
Sun Jan 25 14:00:18 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 07:49:00PM -0800, Bill Paul wrote:
<snip>
> If you have a system with one of these chipsets, please give the
> NDISulator a try. Note: you do NOT have to recompile your kernel to
> test it. Find the .sys and .inf files from your Windows driver media
> and do the following:
>
> # cp foo.sys foo.inf /sys/modules/if_ndis
> # cd /sys/modules/ndis
> # make; make load
> # cd /sys/modules/if_ndis
> # ndiscvt -i foo.inf -s foo.sys -o ndis_driver_data.h
> # make; make load
>
> You don't even have to reboot. Well, not unless the driver causes
> a panic. :/

<snip>

Please correct me if i'm wrong but does this mean you can only use one single
instance of the ndis driver? If this stuff is really working i think we should
see more instances of the ndis, true?  example a wireless card and a onboard
ethernet? Maybe more. How can you work around that problem?

It's just a thought, nothing more, i really like this thing because it helps
using strange hardware buildin laptops for example. Really cool stuff.

Robert

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!