Timecounters and 5.2

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Sun Jan 25 11:03:11 PST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, alexis georges wrote:

> well, i could not read the stuff when doing boot -v, but i did it with no
> acpi, and i attached the dmesg..also, when i do do the boot with acpi and
> -v, the last line i get is :
>
> lo0: bpf attached
>
> there is no error i can see..just that the boot freezes (with the
> Timecounters stuff as the last 2 lines)..

Taking a look at my system, this is where the ATA and firewire probe
happens. I've had hangs here if interrupts are broken. Its likely that
ACPI on your system has bogus routing information and this causes ATA to
hang.

I didn't see if your system boots when ACPI is disabled. If it does, then,
well, join the club :)