RFC: Weekly status update 17/01/04-23/01/04 (cvs-src summary)

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Sat Jan 24 07:19:34 PST 2004

Mark Johnston <mjohnston at skyweb.ca> writes:
> Wilko Bulte (wilko), acting as core secretary, introduced Ken Smith
> (kensmith), who will be mentored by Robert Watson (rwatson).

Ken has been a doc committer since last August; he just got his bit
upgraded to include src.

> First DragonflyBSD merge
> ------------------------
> Jeffrey Hsu (hsu) merged some TCP code from DragonflyBSD_.  Alexey
> Dokuchaev suspects that this is the first merge from Dragonfly that
> FreeBSD has seen.

...and you should add that everybody is very happy to see valuable
contributions from DFBSD.

> David Schultz (das) improved the random number generation by having the
> system discard the first 1024 bytes of random output.  (PR 61126_
> submitted by Jeff Ito.)

this only affects arc4, not the underlying yarrow implementation.

Aside from these nits, this is a great report.  I'm a little worried
though that it might prove to be too much work in the long run; you
should try to recruit a small team to help you churn them out.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no