Timecounters and 5.2

alexis georges floating_in_space_ at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 20 16:36:02 PST 2004

Hey guys,
I am trying to upgrade from 5.1 to 5.2.
First here are the things to know; i have these

AMD AthlonXP 2400+
nForce2-400 Motherboard -> Asus A7N8X-Deluxe (pcb 2)

now when i am booting from cd, i get this:

[MSG]
Timecounters "TSC" 1996989537 Hz quality 800
Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
[/MSG[

now the problem is that the loading just stops and freezes at these 2
lines..i Have never had this kind of message with 5.1, so I was wondering if
anyone had experianced this, or if anyone has an idea.
(I also tried booting w/out ACPI but later on i get some errors about a PNP*
device not being able to load..)

thanks in advance

Alexis