Booting a compaq ML370 with acpi/CURRENT

Willem Jan Withagen wjw at withagen.nl
Tue Jan 20 10:25:52 PST 2004

That is something I try once in a while.
But thus far my ML370 only wants to boot with acpi.

The "without acpi" dmesg and config are attached.

Booting with acpi loaded halts on:
vt0 failed to probe on isa0
isa_probe_children: probing PnP devices
Device configuration finished.
procfs registered
Timecounter "TSC" frequency 664565617 Hz quality 800
Timecounters tick every 10.000 msec
lo0: bpf attached
Waiting 5 seconds for SCSI devices to settle
(noperiph:sym0:0:-1:-1): SCSI BUS reset delivered.

And it just sits there....

Also it does not want to boot when the std-compaq CDROM is attached.
It generates plenty of ata messages, but does not seem to get past is.

Is there anything I can do to get the CDROM and ACPI working, or should I just
forget.

--WjW