attitude check

Dag-ErlingSmørgrav des at des.no
Fri Jan 16 16:19:01 PST 2004

Mark Linimon <linimon at lonesome.com> writes:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> > Juan Rodriguez Hervella <jfrherve at ing.uc3m.es> writes:
> > > "buy another hard disk...buy another puter.....". I love my
> > > puter, ok ? (^--^)
> > Buy another disk controller.
> DES, the next time you want to wonder about where the fuel for
> the fire in the continuing "where is FreeBSD going" thread
> comes from, all you need to do is to go back and reread your
> attempted irony in this post and the "yes, we don't care" post
> w/rt larger build optimizations in the base system.

there is no attempted irony, just frustration: in this case, that
people are expecting a brand new disk to work flawlessly with a
five-year-old disk controller, and in the previous case, that people
are reporting errors which we have clearly stated that we do not want
to see reported (and which have, in any case, been fixed a little over
a month ago).

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no