booking new kernel (5.2) in old userland (5.1) to multiuser?

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Tue Jan 13 15:26:13 PST 2004

On Tuesday 13 January 2004 21:56, Jev wrote:
> I need to do a remote installworld and I would like to see if anyone has
> had issues with booting (remotely or other) a new 5.2-RELEASE kernel and
>   friends in an old 5.1 userland?
>
> Any issues with this? any extra precautions that can be taken? Serial
> console and such isn't an option.

You should _really_ read UPDATING point-by-point before you do this. Esp.
20031112 "the statfs change" will affect what you have in mind. Make sure that
you have "COMPAT_FREEBSD4" in your new kernel and keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck.

Best regards,				| max at love2party.net
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661
http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/	| mlaier at EFnet